The Photographer’s Ephemeris applications for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, browser, and other devices and platforms, thephotographersephemeris.com and photoephemeris.com (collectively, our “services”), are published and maintained by Crookneck Consulting LLC (referred to as “we”, “us” and “our” below).
We understand that privacy is important to our users and community and we aim to respect your privacy in your interactions with our services. This policy is provided to clarify how your information may be collected and used by us.
What We Collect
We reserve the right to collect information about your use and interaction with our services to meet our operational, technical and business requirements.
- When you visit our web sites and web applications, we log data, such as your domain name, the URL of the web page which referred you to our site, which pages you visit on our site, how much time you spend on each page, and other general information commonly collected as part of web analytics efforts
- Like many web sites, we collect and store information automatically and through the use of electronic tools that may be transparent to you. For example, we may log the name of your Internet Service Provider, your IP address, and information provided by and about your Internet browser
- In our applications, we may collect diagnostic and usage information, including details of functionality you use within the application and any errors and exceptions that may occur
- If you contact us for support purposes, we keep a record of your email address and any additional information you provide us
- Any information you input into our applications may be logged as part of the above activities; however, our aim is never to log your device’s location or any specific address information, or other personally identifiable information, as part of the normal operation of our services, except as noted above
- Your IP address is anonymized prior to any information being collected by us
How We Use This Information
We use this information to monitor and improve our services, to enable us to provide the services to you, and for internal analysis. For web sites, we use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, understand how you use the site, and gather information for aggregate use. For applications, we use diagnostics and usage information to understand how users are utilizing the software and to help us improve usability and functionality.
Your information is not shared with third parties, except those parties providing the technology we utilize to collect the information, and any other parties to which you have consented.
We may disclose your information in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims.
We may disclose your information when we believe it necessary or desirable in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our policies, and/or to protect our rights and property.
We may share non-personal, aggregated information with our customers, partners, and advertisers. Aggregated information is not linked to any personal information that can identify an individual person.
In the future, we may sell, buy, merge, or partner with other companies or businesses. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets.
We use return email addresses or other contact information you provide to us to answer the email enquiries we receive.
If you indicate interest in our services by contacting us or donating in support of any of our services, we may occasionally email you to inform you of significant updates to those services. You may unsubscribe from any such future mailings.
Contact information is not used for any other purpose and is not intentionally shared with outside parties without your consent.
Third Party Services
We rely on services provided by third parties to collect the information described in this policy (for example, Google Analytics and Crittercism). We make reasonable efforts to ensure that such third party services are trustworthy. However, we cannot be held responsible for collection or use of your information by such third parties.
We use reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, and have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect through our services. However, we cannot guarantee that the information will be completely protected at all times. For example, our services may affected by actions outside our control, such as hacking. You acknowledge that you provide personal information at your own risk.
Protecting the privacy of children is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our services is structured to attract anyone under 13.
Changes To This Policy
Crookneck Consulting LLC reserves the right to change this policy at any time without notice to you. Please revisit this page from time to time to check for updates. Your continued use of our services following the posting of changes to this policy constitutes your acceptance of those changes.